Data Security with Kathleen Booth
watch the Video feed here
Audio Podcast feed here
Available on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify Podcasts, and Anchor Podcasts
In the 38th episode of the GDMS Podcast, we sat down with Kathleen Booth, Chief Marketing Officer at clean.io to discuss Data Security. We discussed everything from malware, ransomware, eCommerce Revenue Loss, and the products that clean.io use to prevent these threats.
We also discuss the following:
- The product cleanAD by clean.io
- The product cleanCART by clean.io
- Why we are seeing a rise in ransomware
- A marketing minute with Matt on what Event Marketing will look like post-pandemic
What is Data Security?
Data Security Definition
Data Security refers to the responsibility of businesses to protect the data that they collect from their users. All businesses that collect personal data should go through a process that ensures that they protect any data they collect from unauthorized access, and any and all data corruption the entire time the business holds this information.
Some forms of data security include 2-factor authentication, encrypting the data, tokenization, hashing, and other practices that should help protect data across all platforms, and applications.
What is Malvertising?
Malvertising is when instigators acquire and advance ads through advertising networks and platforms that present themselves as a run-of-the-mill ad network, but in reality, execute malicious activity when displayed on the site that they are displayed on.
Malvertisers try to obtain end-users personal data through cleverly designed phishing schemes or try to inject malware on the users’ devices.
Some malvertisers try to inject ransomware into the end-users device.
Malvertising drastically affects the User-Experience of your users and potential customers.
What is ecommerce revenue loss?
Ecommerce Revenue loss - Definition
eCommerce Revenue loss occurs when 3rd party apps scrape browser information for discount codes that are redistributed to other customers who did not earn the discount. This results in revenue loss by the company that is issuing the discount.
In-depth INterview on Website Security with Kathleen Booth
Our interview this week was with is Kathleen Booth, Chief Marketing Officer at clean.io. In the interview, we discussed Data Security, Malware, Malvertising, and eCommerce Revenue Loss, as well as:
- Kathleen discusses some of the biggest challenges she has faced working for startups?
- How Kathleen got involved with clean.io
- Kathleen discusses how important data security is to everyone that uses a mobile phone, tablet, or computer
- We discuss how General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has changed how everyone interacts with the companies on the internet and how it gives data security back to users of the internet
- Kathleen explains digital engagement security
- Kathleen explains what Malvertising
- We discuss if Malvertising can be ransomware in disguise
- We discuss the rise in Ransomware in the past couple of years
- Kathleen explains what Ecommerce Revenue loss is
- Kathleen discusses the biggest threat(s) is to businesses operating online
- Kathleen discusses the cleanAD and cleanCART products, how they work, and how they protect your business and your company insurance
- Kathleen discusses her favorite A list horror film (good quality horror film) and D list horror film (Terribly made horror film, but you are going to watch it either way)
- Kathleen tells us her favorite sports moment
glorious marketing of the week
cleanAD helps ensure that businesses regain the user experience of their website, by preventing Malvertising from being implemented on the business website.
cleanAD prevents malicious display ads, and disables links to known phishing and malicious sites.
cleanCART helps ensure that businesses profits are maximized by limiting 3rd party apps like Honey from distributing free coupons that were scrapped from browser extensions.
The only people that can use the coupons are the ones that actually earned them.
Kathleen Booth, Chief Marketing Officer at clean.io